Have you ever dreamed on traveling the world? The truth is that most people don’t get the chance to fulfill this dream. However, don’t give up just yet!
Nowadays we live in times where you can access all information you want just by simply touching your phone. This means that literally you can have the world in your hands. Choose wherever place you want, just say the world and you can get access to their culture, history, language, maps, pictures, people, literally anything you wish to know. It may not be the same as getting on a plane and breathe the same air as the locals, but it can get you pretty close to that experience.
All you need to know
Today we are sharing all you need to know about Asia. You already know the basics: it is big, like really BIG, the biggest continent on earth, and is the home to billions of people. Here are our top five facts that you must know:
• Asia has the highest peak on earth (Mount Everest), and also the lowest spot known as the Deep Sea. In fact all top ten for highest mountains are in Asia, mostly located in the Himalayas, all of the are over 8000 meters high.
• Being the biggest continent, it is not a surprise that Asia has the most populated cities in the world. These cities are: Shanghai, Beijing, Istanbul, Karachi, Mumbai, Guangzhou and Delhi. Shanghai alone is home for over 24 million people, that’s the population of a country in only one city! As a consequence, lack of space and privacy, and high prices for real estate are a common issue in these cities.
• Asia has 9 of the current world’s tallest buildings. The tallest building on earth is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai with over 828 meters. Soon this record will be surpassed by Kingdom Tower in Saudi Arabia which is schedule to be finished by the end of this year and will be over one kilometer high.
• The smallest mammal in the world lives in the caves of Thailand, the Kitti’s hog-nosed bat, commonly known as the bumblebee bat. It is regarded as ‘threatened’ because it gives birth to only one offspring annually.
• Despite so many people living in Asia and the astounding economic growth, the truth is that a large part of the continent is completely unexplored and wild. Completely unknown and wild tribes are still assumed to exist in the rainforests and jungles.